Saturday, May 11, 2019

Dance & Films

I've been battling in between this both since my childhood. But to be honest in my younger days I didn't watch much movies. The kind of movies I watch is all depends upon the actors or directors. I didn't watch many pop cultured movie jokes. Or even I don't know that ondre ana jokes. That's what my mom says "Jokes not worth for 1 1/2 cents. :P

And the kind of books I chose to read is always about sci-fic, fantasy and romance ( of coarse romance during my college days, else my family would've fried me up!). I still remember I watched Roja only few years back, somewhere between 2013-2014. In 2001, my family watched Alaipayuthey only after I fell into sleep, otherwise no. My mom has told to my bro hide that CD from her eyes else she will watch it. Thank god my brother didn't do as she said, and he even asked me to watch it. 

To write about my brother, basically I don't talk about him much to people but yeah when I need to, I have tons of things to say about. He is protective about his sisters yet still he don't control me (as i'm the younger). Yes he gave me the freedom i need and actually we will keep this topic for another post.

In the middle of 2002, I was kept busy between my arrangetram practices and also for my board exam. My mother was so sure about doing my arrangtram before the end of 2003, as I was too stubborn for it. I was so desperate for my arrangetram because I was so annoyed seeing all my  mom's other students making their stage debut and giving endless performances at everywhere. And at another point my mom who is also my guru made a point without doing arrangetram, I'm not allowed to do anymore performances. Yes I was giving performance when I was 9,10 and 11 years o;d right after my salangai pooja.

Once done with my Arrangetram on 18th December 2003, I was totally packed with my secondary school studies. Board exams and everything. I was the only girl in my school that didn't got into any relationship nor had a boyfriend kinda friend. But yeah I'd friends girls and boys but not that particular one boy. Somehow I'm not attracted into this relationship tag. And also that was the time i did had a love hate relationship with my bharathanatyam. Again I was not allowed to perform due to my studies but my mother did gave me chances to choreograph her students for their performances, salangai pooja and arrangetrams. I do earn some penny's from that. :)) Where I spent most of my money in bookshop buying books. 

Right after my high school, I was introduced into Multimedia and graphics and all sorts of computer related subjects. That was the only time for the three years I totally forget about bharathanatyam and got full fledged into making animations, videos, giving voice over to my other batch mates videos. So my mind was totally focused into films. I was a pro in Audio Visual Techniques and script writing. So literally got my interest into films. Also I started up a blog for films and review about them and sometimes with my own imagination I do change the screenplay and post it. I did get a quite number of good response but not able to continue it after sometime.

During my first script writing attempt, the whole class and lectures team praise me for the kind of techniques I used in it. I still remember, it was a high school love story script and I still have them in my bookshelf. I learnt French and German during this period for my script writing purpose. I always wanted to do something different. And also learnt to speak telugu fluently again ( yes, i used to speak telugu with my mom when i was a little kid) and watch many genres of movies and read lots of books to get ideas. 

My ideas sometimes goes beyond imaginations and most of it will be rofl :'D. If you haven't gone through my kind of writings maybe you should read the Frozen 2 storyline which totally made everyone to laugh out loud. I wrote this storyline few weeks before my mom's demise and I read it to her, she smiled. After her death, I was so lonely, and I spent most of my hours and days only with Divya chatting all kind of things. At that period of time I again resume back with Bharathanatyam. Probably I felt my mother's presence around me whenever I dance. And that made me feel better. By the time I took dance seriously into my life as a profession, I also made up my mind that I need to be in films - obviously behind came and i started to work on a script with a little inputs from a fav novel a Bollywood Wedding.  

After a year, things didn't turn out to be I expected, I left the script, I felt betrayed, loneliness surrounds me, something haunts me. I stayed away from every social sites except email. This is another untold story of mine. 

Maybe now I need to resume back my script and screenplay on this idea for Gautham. 

To be continued........