Monday, March 28, 2016

My Questions on Lord Rama

Before typing out my questions, let me make it clear, kindly don't tag me as an anti-hindu, anti-Ram or any such things as that. This is a post just to clear out my views and if anybody have a clear explanations please do mail me. I'm not onto any intentions of hurting anybodies belief or sentiments. And I'm not ready to get or start any arguments, incite anger, or irritate any individuals.

The questions that I'm going to ask probably not the one that risen suddenly or just by myself, but would have been asked and talked and discussed by many other peoples. I have read a few books related to Ramayanan, e.i ; Amar Chitra Katha, Ramayan, Sita and The Story of Rama by Devadutt Pattanaik. And yes I have not read the sanskrit one. I would be happy if you can point out any books or links for further explanations.

I have been watching the Ramayanam - Tamil dub versions on Jaya Tv and Seethaiyin Raman on Star Vijay. Sitting in office after finishing all my month end and beginning works, and having some quality time on my hands, I thought why not blog out this topic.

Seems like Sita has gone through only a misery life after being the kulavathu of the Raghu clan. More so her sister Urmila, who married to Lakshmana, (but that will be a different story).

The comeback of Sita, Ram and Lakshmana, to their kingdom Ayodhya, after completing her agnipariksha to which Ram thought was a necessary to prove Sita's purity and pativrta to the world and not for his sake. Rama and Sita becomes the Kings and Queen. There pop up this one famous poet or washerman ( some books says washerman and a tele-serial shows a poet ) who said to have sent of his wife away saying "I'm not Rama to take back a wife who has lived in another house". Ram was informed of this and he decides, in the interest of his kingdom and Rajya Dharma as a ruler, he have to banish Sita away from Ayodhya to forest, who is carrying his child.

When I asked the questions I wanted to blog over here to my officer, he says before sleep look at the statues or a picture of Rama and ask him these questions. He will come in your dream and answer your questions if he is willing or he will murder you brain with his bow and arrow. Lol. I know Rama will never be this cruel. I know he is the karunaiyin maruvadivam and I have a huge respect and bhaya bhakti upon this Purana Purushar Shri Rama. But these questions are just a doubt or maybe can say I'm quite curious to know more details about Ram and Sita.

1. Apart being a ruler of Kingdom, as a husband of Sita, who was blameless, and peerless, the pativrta, who went 14 years of vanavaasam along with Rama, was sent again to forest by Rama without telling her what her crime was, She accept the punishment but he doesn't bother that it is necessary to tell her himself what has wrought this situation.

2. Lakshmana was ordered to drop her in the forest. Just drop and return, that's it. She was not invested in the care of any rishis or ashram. She is not offered a decent dwelling to take care of herself and her unborn child. She was left high and dry. According to the books, Rishi Valmiki finds her who was faints and fell on ground, and takes her to the hermitage where laterly Luv and Kush was born.

3. Apart from this, when Rama plans to send her away to forest, none of the Rajyamatha's ( mothers of Ram, Bharat, Lakshman and Shahtrughan) attempt to stop this. And none of Ram's brothers and their wives, (Sita's sisters) object this baseless punishment. Everyone stays silent. Yes, I read somewhere, that Urmila defend her sister, but Rama finds his Rajyadharma is more important than being a true lovely husband.

4. Rama - later doesn't even bother to find out whether Sita is alive, safe and his children are safe or not. Or even if they are born or not. But just desert, because a washerman/poet questioned her chastity.

5. Even the parents of Sita - King Janaka and Queen Sunaina never bother to find out what happen to their loving daughter. Either they never want to find out or they must have thought she is living happily in her kingdom with Rama.

6. Finally there was a fight between Rama and Luv & Kush. Both Luv and Kush not knowing Rama is their father and so Rama too. Till Sita comes in between these two parties and stop the exchange of arrows. Rama was introduce to his sons but still he hesitate ( or refuse will be the right word ) to take Sita back, but then OKAY with taking his sons to his kingdom. And when some prajas questioned about the sons birth, Sita was asked to do another pariksha. And this time she chose to go back to her mother Bhoomi Devi, because she can't bear seeing she is been questioning by others.

7. Somehow I feel, even being husband is another part, but as a ruler, if he had to suddenly remove Sita from the status of Queen, did he not fail in his duty to provide a safe haven for his subject?

If there are any reasons apart from ;

  1. Rama sacrificed
  2. Sita sacrificed
  3. Sita chose to suffer
  4. Rama the all knowner

please do let me know. :)

If you can give me a suitable answer, I would be happy.

PS : I am not an ANTI HINDU or an Atheist. I believe in Gods and yes I pray to Lord Rama and Sita Devi everyday. Vishnu is my favourite god and I believe on all the mythological stories of him and his nine avatars that he have took. And I still do believe that someday soon he will appear before us in Kalki Avatar. So kindly don't put me into all those "ANTI" tags.

Thank you,

Rubini.